NEW DENTAL CLINIC ESTABLISHED AT ST. MARTIN DE PORRES HOSPITAL, EIKWE
The St. Martin De Porres Hospital, Eikwe has established a new Dental Clinic.
The new Dental Clinic which began operations in June 2020 is expected to serve residents of the towns and villages in the Ellembelle District.
Dr. Paul Cooper, Medical Director of the St. Martin de Porres Hospital in an interview stated that the new clinic was established to meet the growing demand of dental health services in the Ellembelle District.
According to him, “before the establishment of the dental clinic at Eikwe, patients in need of dental health services were referred to health facilities in Axim, Half Assini and Takoradi.”
The St. Martin de Porres Hospital, Eikwe is the largest health facility in the Ellembelle District of the Western Region.
As such, for most of the residents of the district, it is the preferred choice for accessing health care. The hospital also regularly receives referral cases from other health facilities within the District.
For residents of the Ellembelle District, The hospital at Eikwe serves as a de facto District hospital. Management of the hospital thus considered the availability of a dental clinic as essential.
The establishment of the new Dental Clinic was funded by the Hospital’s Internally Generated Funds.
Some of the services provided at the new Dental Clinic include general examinations and oral care, filling, extractions, scaling and polishing.
The St. Martin de Porres Hospital was established in 1959 and is solely owned and managed by the Catholic Diocese of Sekondi-Takoradi.
Department for Social Communications
Catholic Diocese of Sekondi-Takoradi